Brown engineering works closely with construction companies worldwide to offer complete
or partial fruit and vegetable juice plant installation with complete or partial
process control automation.
Success in any engineering endeavor is more than execution of a good
design. It's taking a project from concept to reality with perspective and predictive
vision, active participation and accountability. For Brown International’s
Engineering Team, success is the culmination of efforts, multi-focuses with one
vision; to achieve clients' goals.
Our engineering staff is comprised of seasoned veterans and top recruits from leading
engineering programs across the country. We've created a balance of experience,
vision and passion at Brown International to provide our clients' with a breadth
and depth of talent and expertise not often found in service providers. Our multi-disciplinary
staff has broad experience in the areas of Project Management, Research & Development,
Mechanical Design, Electrical Design and Automation & Controls.
From full-service turnkey product development to on-site engineering support, our
multi-disciplinary approach incorporates systems and processes allowing clients
to optimize the outcome of their project. Our exacting standard of excellence, coupled
with our energetic, enthusiastic approach to customer service, uniquely position
Brown's engineering capabilities as leaders in the realm of technical
Our diverse range of available services include:
- Automation implementation
- Capacity planning
- Construction project management
- Design engineering
- Equipment fabrication
- Equipment procurement
- Equipment specification
- Feasibility studies
- Lock-out/tag-out documentation
- Machine design
- Mechanical engineering
- Pictorial work instructions
- Plant layout
- Process engineering
- Process startup
- Project management
- Quality engineering
- Systems design
- Turn-key projects
- Work standards development
From the drawing board to the shop floor, Brown provides a full range
of Project Engineering and Project Management Services for clients within the industry.
For everything from simple design services to automation implementation, we are
the firm choice for companies throughout the world.
Regardless of the size of your project, we will provide a dedicated team of professionals
to assist you from the design phase through full implementation. We will solicit
your input and actively work toward improving your bottom line through every phase
of your project.
Our engineers, technicians, and manufacturing professionals will help you achieve
the results you want without removing your staff from their daily activities.
- Reduces customer human capital cost by utilizing Brown project management.
- Allows customer to utilize key employees for other pertinent tasks.
- Provides customer with one focal point contact for all stages of the
- All major project management software including:
Research and development is a crucial activity in the innovation process.
Brown’s expertise speaks volumes — we have developed innovative solutions
and intellectual property in hundreds of industry applications around the world.
This is accomplished by taking breakthrough ideas and moving them forward into valuable
and marketable solutions. We have a distinguished history of innovation and a robust
range of core technologies that allow us to bring expansive, applicable knowledge
to any table.
Our focus remains on continually developing solutions that propel the world into
a future of exciting possibilities.
At Brown we actively seek to discover new knowledge about
products, processes, and
services, and then apply that knowledge to create new and improved products,
processes, and services that fill market needs. We know that sometimes, the creative
ideas and technology needed for designing a company’s product derive from
the least likely of places — areas outside of the company’s own realm
of expertise. Research and development at Brown extends across numerous and
very different fields.
An integral part of our Research & Development process is Discrete Event Simulation.
Optimizing overall production throughput is a complex process, and includes more
than just the individual machine. Building on our expertise in simulating,
we expanded our practice to include Discrete Event Simulation to model complex processes
at the line or equipment level.
Discrete Event Simulation models complete lines or a single piece of equipment,
with dozens or hundreds of inter-connected processes, identifying hidden bottlenecks
to improve throughput.
Discrete Event Simulation, also known as throughput simulation, is the science of
modeling an entire system, taking into account, several if not all key events and
processes that are expected to occur within the system. It helps predict the performance
and behavior of a system over a period of time. The results can be used to fine-tune
process and part flow to ensure the highest possible throughput with the least amount
- Full system modeling and statistical analysis
- Conceptualization of production processes
- Facilities planning and optimization of operations
- Optimized productivity and utilization of equipment
- Lean manufacturing through system optimization practices
- Risk mitigation through virtual validation
- Line balancing and process scheduling
Discrete Event Simulation can be applied at many levels in the manufacturing process.
From system costing to line balancing and optimization, Discrete Event Simulation
can be used on manual, automated and service systems.
- All major discrete event simulation packages like Delmia Quest, UGS
eM-Plant, Witness, and other packages
The mechanical design process in automation extends from selecting the physical
site in the factory to designing the most complex mechanical component in the line.
Mechanical Processing and Design is the process involving 3D CAD software which
with engineering expertise transforms an idea from conception to processing to design
and finally to implementation. This activity is performed concurrently with
3D simulation, engineering processing, engineering design, control system design
and our customers with a defined project management process.
- Lean Processing utilizing state of the art processing software and techniques for
both new and existing projects.
- Reduce customer capital cost by reusing current equipment.
- Reduce customer build cost by designing common and lean tooling.
- Maximize the quality of production by adhering to best design practices and standards.
- Maximize customer production throughput through concurrent engineering with 3D simulation
All major mechanical design, processing and system layout software
- Mechanical Design
- Autocad: Standard, Mechanical Desktop & Inventor
- System Layout Software:
Our staff is experienced in the specification, sizing, design, and application of
electrical equipment and hardware for our clients projects. From the front-end loading
of the power distribution system to the field devices requiring power and grounding.
We have engineered and designed electrical systems, including switchgear, motor
controls, transformers, variable speed drives, grounding systems and cable tray
designs. Electrical area classifications will be checked and verified with the client
before any design begins; and the electrical distribution will be fully coordinated
before any design is released to construction.
Electrical Systems Services include:
- Process Control System Evaluation and Design
- Process Control System Software Development and Implementation
- Machine Control System Design and Integration
- Process Visualization and Alarming
- Automated Production Reporting
- Electrical System Analysis
- Electrical System Design
- Electrical Efficiency Analysis
- Power Monitoring/Quality Analysis
- Electrical panel design and assembly
- Power and Distribution System Design
- Systems commissioning
- Low voltage system design
- Feasibility studies
- Due diligence reports
Controls have always been the key to manufacturing flexibility, and today’s
range of architecture, hardware and software options is challenging. But not for
Brown – our controls professionals bring of years of experience to the table,
simplifying the entire process with shorter lead times, greater flexibility, and
top notch quality. Our staff of experienced PLC engineers can design, develop, program
and commission all your electrical controls needs. Our hardware designers have a
full command of all major equipment standards and specifications. Our software developers
work in every major software package, and our debug team brings up field installations
in record time.
We work on all aspects of controls engineering, from simple ladder logic to factory
wide networking and data archiving, from clear intuitive MMI’s to advanced
motion control. And we’re the best in the industry at evaluating equipment
and implementing the latest ANSI 15.06, UL, CSA and CE safety standards.
Brown is a leader in providing customers with state of the art industrial automation
solutions and control integration services. Our highly experienced engineering team
and special alliances with the world's leading automation components manufacturers
allow us to provide our customers with prompt and optimal solutions. From initial
development to on-site installation, repairing and training.
Controls engineering encompasses logic, motion, operator interface
and data handling functions. Brown offers complete industrial controls engineering
services including; project management, robot safety consulting, hardware and software
design, CAD services, PLC and HMI programming, machine diagnostics, start-up and
debug, installation and production support, and panel build.
Brown’s controls engineering department has significant experience dealing
with safety related controls engineering. This includes services related to safety
relays, safety PLC’s, operator/maintenance entrance points, power lockouts
and fluid power lockouts, etc. All elements of hardware and software controls design
are provided along with field support at the end user processing facility.
- New system hardware and software logic design
- Plant-wide networking and communication
- Safety design, audits, recommendations
- Machine retrofit software and logic updates
- Pneumatic and hydraulic software
- HMI/ GUI design
- Data tracking, Data archiving
- PLC’s Multi-platforms.
- PC based systems
- Safety PLC’s
- Communication Protocols
- All major industry standards and specifications
- CAD packages
Industrial Automation Technologies
- CAD packages
- Industrial PLC's (Allen-Bradley, GE Fanus, DirectLogix, SST, TI); motion
controllers (Galil, Delta-Tau); vision systems (Matrox, Cognex)
- Motor drives (A-B, ABB, Eurotherm, Yaskawa, Powertech)
- HMIs (Wonderware InTouch, A-B RSView)
- Sensor technologies (thermocouples, encoders/resolvers, pressure transducers,
LVDTs, strain gauges, limit/proximity switches, capacitive sensors)